Retaining Walls Permit Application
Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button).
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
$65.00 + (construction cost x .0075) as of July 1, 2021.
- Residential Retaining Wall Permit Application
- Stamped Engineered Drawings (3 copies)
- Site Plan (3 copies)
Retaining walls less than 2 ft. high do not require a permit. Site plan must show the proposed wall location. Maximum height is 6 1/2 ft. in rear or side yards and 3 1/2 ft. in front yards (3 ft. for corner lots). Retaining walls can be placed up to, but not beyond, the property line.