Residential Additions Permit Application
Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button).
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
$50.00 + (construction cost x .0075) + City Impact Fee as of July 1, 2021.
Building Residential Addtion Permit Application
Site Plans, existing and proposed (3 copies)
Building Plans (3 copies)
- Electrical Plan Review Permit Application
- Residential Electrical Permit Application
- Life Safety Review/Sprinkler Permit Application
- Residential Mechanical Permit Application
Plans for additions of two-stories or more must be architect or engineer sealed. Mechanical Permit application is only required if new HVAC units are being installed. Life Safety Review/Sprinkler Permit application is only required for sprinklered homes. However, If the square footage of the addition increases the gross square footage of the existing home, exluding garages and crawlspaces or if the cost of the addition excceds 50% of the assessed value as shown on the most recent tax assessment for the State Department of Assessments and Taxation of the building, a sprinkler system is required. Additions must meet all setback and lot coverage requirements based on the property's zoning. If the addition increases the gross floor area of the residence by 50% or more, a Special Exception from the Board of Appeals is required.