Bond Required and “Green Stamp” Plans from P.G. County Soil Conservation District (Cost estimate required.  Must be sealed and on engineer’s letterhead)

Cost estimate required.  Must be sealed and on engineer’s letterhead. Bond Required. Electronic copy of approved site plan  (CAD Format and submitted on CD)

(Payment due at time of application)

Payment due at time of application

Fee is: $160 per hour/2 hr. minimum. (Payment due at time of building permit application)

Usually applied for separately by Electrician.

Usually applied for separately by Mechanical Contractor

Cost estimate required.  Must be sealed and on engineer’s letterhead. Bond Required. See ADA Right-of-Way Checklist below.

  • Five (5) complete sets of Signed and Sealed Plans
  • with electronic copy of plans (CAD Format)
  • Subsurface Utility Engineering Plans
  • Prince George’s County Storm Water Management Approved Plans
  • DPW&T- Access/Street Construction Approved Plans and Permit (If entrance is a Prince George’s County road)
    SHA-Access Permit (If entrance is a State Highway)
  • WSSC Approved Water and Sewer Plans/Permit
  • Fully Executed easements (if applicable)
  • City of Laurel Burglar Alarm Application (If business has a burglar alarm, this application is required)


  1. If the building will be used for a restaurant or a business selling any type of food, install of a public pool, or nursing home facility -- the applicant must submit plans to Prince George’s County Health Department for approval. (Copy of Use and Occupancy Permit is faxed to the County by this office)
  2. The applicant is responsible for submitting plans and permit applications for plumbing directly to Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC). The City does not review or inspect plumbing work.

Fire Marshal & Permit Services

The Department of the Fire Marshal and Permit Services (FMPS) is divided into two Divisions who are responsible for the management and enforcement of the City’s codes and ordinances as it relates to wide range of areas, to include building and property standards, fire and life safety standards, rental housing licenses and permitting services.