Usually applied for separately by Mechanical Contractor.
- Residential Mechanical Permit Application
A mechanical permit is required for new mechanical/HVAC equipment installations. If duct work has to be installed or if there will be alterations to the existing duct work, plans and Manual J calculations in PDF format shall be uploaded with the application.
If no duct work is being altered and a system is being replaced, only an electrical permit application is required.
- Commercial Mechanical Permit Application
For brand new mechanical/HVAC equipment installations, full mechanical drawings and equipment specs shall be uploaded in PDF format via the online permit portal.
Commercial mechanical/HVAC equipment replacements that include alteration of existing duct work, permit application shall be submitted with plans and equipment specs uploaded in PDF format.
Note: For all rooftop installations, a letter indicating that the rooftop is capable of holding the load of the new units shall be required. The letter shall be signed and sealed by an Engineer licensed in the State of Maryland. The letter shall be uploaded via the online permit portal in PDF format.
Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button). Please note for new account registration: After account is approved, an email from [email protected] will be sent with further instructions.
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.