Interior Renovations Permit Application
Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button). Please note for new account registrations: After account is approved, an email from [email protected] will be sent with further instructions.
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
$65.00 + (construction cost x .0075)
- Residential Interior Renovation Permit Application
- Detailed Building Plans
Plans shall be uploaded via the online permit portal as a single PDF file. Creating a seperate, rentable dwelling unit within an existing single-family dwelling is not permitted in most residential zones. If the residence is sprinklered, a sprinkler permit shall be submitted by a Maryland licensed sprinkler contractor. Please note: If a home is not sprinklered and the interior renovations of the existing structure are estimated to equal or exceed 50% of the assessed value as shown on the most recent tax assessment for the State Department of Assessments and Taxation of the building, a sprinkler system is required.