ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The City of Laurel Department of Economic and Community Development (Laurel ECD) will administer the City of Laurel Main Street Marketing Technical Assistance Program. This Program will award service grants through a partnership with local Laurel Main Street business, My Content Co. The service that the grant awards will be provided by My Content Co, and valued at no more than $3,000 per businesses located within the City of Laurel’s designated Main Street area. The total fund dedicated to this Program is $33,000. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City recognizes the need for businesses to be able to do business and connect with customer through an online platform. The goal of this Program is to provide the opportunity for Main Street businesses to increase their online presence and online sales by providing funds to pay for website and social media design, build, and maintenance. Funds to support this program are provided by the State of Maryland through the DHCD Maryland Strong Economic Recovery Initiative (MD-SERI).
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a first-come, first served basis. Submission of an incomplete or inaccurate application may result in ineligibility. Please read all grant terms and application instructions before starting and submitting your application. One application per business entity is accepted.
This Program grants services to the awardees. This Program does not grant any funds to applicants. Services that are granted to a business will be paid for by The City of Laurel directly to the service provider partner, My Content Co.
Use of Funds
The grants shall only be used to cover costs of services provided by My Content Co, including:
(1) Website Building and Hosting - for three (3) years
(2) Social Media Services - three (3) post per week for two (2) social media sites for one (1) year
The services granted to a single business by this Program are valued at $3,000 per business.
All granted services through this program are prepaid by The City of Laurel to the service provider partner, My Content Co. Any other services that a business may request by My Content Co in addition to their granted services by the Program, are not eligible for reimbursement through this program. All granted services must be provided by the service provider partner, My Content Co. This program does not cover the cost or the reimbursement of fees of any services provided by any other provider.
- The business must have a physical commercial location within the City of Laurel's designated Main Street area
- The business must have a current signed leasing contract or proof of ownership of the property that they reside at
- The business must have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- The business must be in need of the provided program services (e.g. does not have a website, does not have a online store, does not have a social media presence)
- The business is an established business with a valid City of Laurel use and occupancy permit
- The business must be in good standing with the State of Maryland
- The business and all business owners must be current on all City, County, State, and Federal tax payments
- The Applicant is not engaged in any illegal activity (as defined by Federal guidelines)
Ineligible Business Types or Persons
- Houses of Worship
- Home-Based Businesses
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Food Trucks
- Corporate-Owned Franchises
- Businesses that do not have a physical commercial location
- Business located outside of the City of Laurel Designated Main Street area boundaries
- Businesses that do not have a current or valid City of Laurel use and occupancy permit
- Businesses in which City Staff and/or elected officials of the City have a financial interest of at least 25%.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please read all eligibility requirements thoroughly before beginning your application.
- The application may not be updated after submission. Please make sure your application is correct and complete before submitting.
- Only one application submission per business entity will be considered.
- Submission of an incomplete and/or inaccurate, application may disqualify a business from being awarded funding. Please check your application for completeness and accuracy before submitting.
- Review the Application Deadlines written below. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
- Applications must be submitted through this online application portal
- If assistance is needed with the application, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
This rubric will be used to determine which businesses are considered a priority for funding for this grant opportunity. If a Business Scores more than 50 points using this rubric, their application will be considered priority for consideration for this grant.
|+10||Women Owned Business|
|+10||Minority Owned Business|
|+10||Veteran Owned Business|
|+10||1 or More Full Time Employee|
|+10||1 or More Part Time Employee|
|+10||No Business Website|
|+10||No Online Store|
|+10||No Social Media Presence|
|+5||Business Owner Relies on Business for Personal Income|
|+3||Supporting Document #1 Supports Grant Request|
|+3||Supporting Document #2 Supports Grant Request|
|+3||Supporting Document #3 Supports Grant Request|
|+1||Complete and Submitted Application|
|100||TOTAL POSSIBLE POINTS|
Applications will be accepted beginning FRIDAY JUNE 4, 2021 at 9 AM.
The deadline to apply will be MONDAY JUNE 21, 2021 at 9 AM.
Applications will only be accepted electronically through the online application portal. One application per business entity will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Submission of an incomplete or inaccurate application may result in ineligibility. If you have any questions regarding this grant opportunity, please contact [email protected]