About the Program
The City of Laurel Department of Economic and Community Development (Laurel ECD) will administer the Laurel Strong COVID-19 Small Business Grant Program. This Program will award grants in the amount of $500 to $10,000 to businesses located within the City of Laurel. The total fund dedicated to this Program is $335,000. The goal of this Program is to provide financial support to businesses that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds to support this program are provided locally through the CARES Act, via the City’s Coronavirus Relief Fund Agreement with Prince George’s County.
- $115,000 of the fund is dedicated to businesses with a single physical commercial location within the City of Laurel limits and 10 or fewer full-time employees
- $115,000 of the fund is dedicated to minority, women, and veteran owned businesses with a single physical commercial location within the City of Laurel and 10 or fewer full-time employees
- $60,000 of the fund is dedicated to businesses with a single physical commercial location within the City of Laurel and 10 or more full time employees
- $25,000 of the fund is dedicated to childcare businesses with a physical location within the City of Laurel
- $20,000 of the fund is dedicated to non-profit businesses that have a physical location within the City of Laurel
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a first-come, first served basis. Submission of an incomplete or inaccurate application may result in ineligibility. Please read all grant terms and application instructions before starting and submitting your application. One application per business entity is accepted.
Please reviewed the linked documents below for all information about this grant opportunity including business eligibility, eligible expenses, and application information. We have also provided a list of Frequently Asked Questions as well as a Applicaiton Checklist to assist you in gathering the required information to complete your online applicaiton.
How to Apply
- Please read all eligibility requirements thoroughly before beginning your application.
- The application may not be updated after submission. Please make sure your application is correct and complete before submitting.
- Only one application submission per business entity will be considered.
- Submission of an incomplete and/or inaccurate, application may disqualify a business from being awarded funding. Please check your application for completeness and accuracy before submitting.
- Review the Application Deadlines written below. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
- Applications must be submitted through the online application portal linked below
- If assistance is needed with the application, please contact [email protected]
Click the button below to watch the recording of the virutal Grant Info Session for more information about the grant, and a walk-through explanation of the application.
Applications will be accepted beginning Friday September 4, 2020 at 9:00 am.
The deadline to apply will be October 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm OR once 500 applications are submitted – whichever is sooner.
Applications will only be accepted electronically through the online application portal. One application per business entity will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Submission of an incomplete or inaccurate application may result in ineligibility. If you have any questions regarding this grant opportunity, please email [email protected]