To honor Dr. King, a Social Activist who fought hard for the equal rights of African Americans and organized the first major protest, the Montgomery Bus Boycott, in 1955, Mayor Craig A. Moe announces that City and Passport Offices will be closed on January 17, 2022, in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
That means refuse and recycling will be adjusted for the week of January 16th as follows:
- Monday’s trash and recycling collections will be on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 (residential and commercial).
- Tuesday’s residential trash and recycling will be collected on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 and no change to Tuesday’s commercial collections.
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday trash, recycling and composting pickups are unchanged.
- Wednesday’s Christmas Tree collections are unchanged.
- There will be no yard debris or special pickups that week.
The next Residential Special Pickup and Yard Debris collection is set for Wednesday, January 26, 2022. You can schedule a pickup by calling Public Works at 301-725-0088, e-mailing [email protected] or using the MyLaurel MD App.
For more information about refuse and recycling, visit the City’s website at www.cityoflaurel.org. Wishing you a safe holiday!
“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.