City of Laurel Government has a new virtual platform to make signing up and applying for most City Services easy and safe!
LogIn Laurel to R.A.P., which stands for Register, Apply and Pay online!
The new virtual platform will provide a more streamlined and efficient way of doing business, while protecting the health of everyone.
The City has set up kiosks in our Laurel Municipal Center lobby, but the best part is you can R.A.P. from home!
Apply for permits, business licenses, zoning application, HDC Certificates, pool sessions, Parks and Recreation classes, pay for Bulk Item bills, and more with a click of your mouse!
With the new and improved virtual services, you’ll no longer have to come to the Laurel Municipal Center for most of our services. Just R.A.P. from home to get it done online.
To start, if you haven't already, create an online account. We have the three online services you should register for at the links below:
1. Parks and Recreation - https://apm.activecommunities.com/laurelparks/Create_Account
2. Permits/Zoning - https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/register
3. Budget and Personnel Services -https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/laurelmd
Now that you have an account set up, check out our services that can be signed up or applied for from the comfort of your own home:
Parks and Recreation
The Department of Parks and Recreation has begun implementing many procedural changes to provide programs and activities safely. In order to participate in any Department of Parks and Recreation class or activity, you must first create an online account to register. No on-site daily admissions or memberships will be accepted including pool memberships/daily admissions and community center fitness room memberships/daily admissions. To sign up for pool sessions, classes, virtual activities for kids and families, visit https://apm.activecommunities.com/laurelparks.
Fire Marshal and Permit Services/Economic and Community Development
* In order to enhance our services to you, the Office of the Fire Marshal and Permit Services has launched their new online permitting. The online permitting system will improve services such as:
- Apply for a permit online
- Get current permit information throughout the plan check and inspection process
- Zoning applications
- Renew Burglar and Rental licenses
- Make payments online
Once you have created your account, you can apply and pay for the services listed above at https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home. If the permit you wish to apply for is not available as an online application, they have permit forms available for you to download at https://www.cityoflaurel.org/permits/permits.
* The Department of Economic and Community Development maintains and oversees the built environment within the City of Laurel. The Department is responsible for zoning compliance, subdivision and development review, historic preservation review, economic development, affordable housing, and implementation of the City’s Master Plan. To ensure the health and well being of our citizens, the Department asks you to follow the process as outlineed below for online zoning submittals and going to https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home:
1) REGISTER: Applicants shall create an online City of Laurel Account (link to the E-permit center)This can be the homeowner, business owner, tenant, or contractor. (I believe IT will be providing staff with a step by step guide for registering an account). Account shall be verified by the Office of the Fire Marshal and Permit Services.
2) APPLY: for the permit, zoning application or historic district certificate or tax credit. The Applicant can submit the appropriate application, all required documents via the City’s website. If plans are not able to be submitted via the website, the Applicant can email them to [email protected] in PDF format or with a dropbox link.
3) PAY: for zoning application, permit or historic district certificate (if required) through the City’s website. 4) Once documentation is fully submitted and payment received, ECD staff will schedule the application for an upcoming public hearing and review all materials for accuracy. NOTE: At any time in the process a citizen or business owner can schedule a virtual pre-meeting/call with ECD staff to discuss the proposed project or process.
Budget and Personnel Services
Online payments are now available for Accounts Receivable billings such as Residential/Commercial Special Pickups, Recycle or Refuse. Please contact Andrea Pickett at [email protected] or 301-725-5300, ext 2248 to update your email address on your customer billing account, so you can then set up your Online Payment Account. Once you have the account set up as outlined at the top of the page, go to https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/laurelmd, click on Accounts Receivable and make your payments from home!
If you have any questions, please call the Department directly you are trying to sign up or apply with:
Parks and Recreation - 301-725-7800
Fire Marshal Permit Services - 301-725-5300 ext. 2238
Economic and Community Development - 301-725-5300 ext. 2303
Budget and Personnel Services - 301-725-5300 ext. 2248