Board or Committee Meeting
Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Juneteenth Freedom Day Celebration Committee Meeting
Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 6:00 p.m. Zoom
- Call meeting to order
- Comments from the Chair
- Approval of minutes of the Juneteenth Freedom Day Celebration Committee Meeting, Wednesday, May 11, 2022.
- Vendor Relations
- Outstanding Events discussed at our last meeting:
- Save the date flyer DRAFT
- We want to Highlight the local minority owned businesses in Laurel. Vendor tables, samples, etc.,
- Food Truck vendors, are any confirmed? point of contact notified?
- Soro/ Sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc confirmed yet, notified? Will they host a Voters registration table, etc?
- Maryland-Bounce Castle Rental, Dunk Tank, $300.00, Games, Jumbo Connect 4, $49.00, Corn Horn, $54.99, Giant Jenga $39.99, [email protected] (301) 651-4928
- Laurel TV (Request Coverage) notify Multi-Media Management, Director of Communications ([email protected]) soonest for this event. Someone must contact Media and social events line (240) 294-1307
- Master of Ceremony to kick-off the celebration, suggestions?? Will Council Member Sydnor speak, Mayor Moe?
- Prayer at Ceremony at The Municipal Center: by Local Minister/Pastor? thoughts?
- Music, DJ?? St Vincent Pallitto Band?
- Fire Department, come out w/truck, talk about safety, smoke detectors, etc. thoughts?
- Laurel Police Department, come out, w/cruiser, talk about officer friendly, etc... thoughts?
- Park & Recreations, Clean-up, and logistics, etc....
Following added by the chair for the meeting on Wednesday, May 25, 2022:
- Continue to move forward?
- Feedback City Administrator Christian Pulley.
- Email address: [email protected]
- See Attached Graphics
- Next meeting