The Laurel Museum is housed in a former 1840 mill worker's home. The 2,590 square foot brick and stone building was originally four living units, over the years it was modified into a two-family house. It was later transformed into a commercial property, and prior to being abandoned in the 1970's was a rental home and storage warehouse. 


In 1985 the building was purchased by the City from the State of Maryland. Between 1993 - 1996, it was renovated into its new role as a City museum. The museum opened on May 1, 1996. The museum houses collections of books,  photographs, tools, personal artifacts, textiles and oral histories.


The Laurel Museum is operated by the Laurel Historical Society at P.O. Box 774, Laurel, MD 20725. Visit the Museum on line!